Boc Maxima FLAC on 4chan

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Eagle Minded
Check this Reddit thread:

http://www.reddit.com/r/boardsofcanada/ ... his_reply/

I'm hearing Whitewater and it sounds amazing, I just don't know if these rips were around or not.
---
Fuck transphobes

Friendly Stranger
It's a shame it's not the real Boards of Canada. Then again, why would they ever post on /mu/....

Friendly Stranger
Radiobuzz wrote:Check this Reddit thread:

http://www.reddit.com/r/boardsofcanada/ ... his_reply/

I'm hearing Whitewater and it sounds amazing, I just don't know if these rips were around or not.

We've had the entirety of Boc Maxima in FLAC for a while. Some time last year when it was posted here a few users began remastering it themselves.

Dayvan Cowboy
isopr0p wrote:I've had a look at these tracks. They are the FLAC rips that have been around for a while, 6 months or so! The story behind the Boc Maxima rip was allegedly that Sean from Autechre made a CD-R rip from his tape, gave it to someone who gave it to someone and five generations down the chain it ended up online in low quality mp3. Somebody who received it directly from SB recently uploaded it in FLAC.

How do I know its the same rip? You can see that the spectrum of the mp3s and the FLAC rip both have quiet lines throughout their spectrum and this is noise from the tape deck rather than the tape itself. So if these were from another tape they wouldn't have those lines. (There's also dropouts in the same places, etc.)

For anybody who is hard of thinking, if BOC were to release these tracks it wouldnt be via mediafire on 4chan; and they would be DAT rips not cassette rips.

I have a full version of this FLAC rip which is properly cut and tagged, somewhere, if you can wait a while (like, a day) I'll get them on rareboc.ax.lt which I kept meaning to do anyway.

Eagle Minded
Thanks guys, I wasn't aware the FLACs were out there. I did knew about the remasters but I only saw the AFOTv2 and R35 ones.
---
Fuck transphobes

Dayvan Cowboy
is there a direct lossless rip from an original boc maxima tape??? i can't seem to find the link, can someone post it here please?

Sherbet Head
ross adey wrote:is there a direct lossless rip from an original boc maxima tape??? i can't seem to find the link, can someone post it here please?

i really don't think so

Sherbet Head
ross adey wrote:is there a direct lossless rip from an original boc maxima tape??? i can't seem to find the link, can someone post it here please?

Yes, I know it's on what.cd at least.

Return to Boards of Canada