Chromakey Dreamcoat Outro sampled from...

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Nova Scotia Robot
Check this out. http://forum.watmm.com/index.php?showtopic=34248

This guy found where the outro voices in Chromakey Dreamcoat are from. Also one of the picture in the artwork for The Campfire Headphase is form the same film source.

See in the following link, around 10:00 into the film, for both the pic for the artwork and the sound clip sampled. http://www.archive.org/details/social_seminar_tom

Great film too.

Dayvan Cowboy
wow man, that is an awesome find. the outro of that song has always intrigued me. for some reason those old grainy documentary films with people sharing experiences really strike my interest.

Eagle Minded
I remember listening to this segment real loud a few times to try and make out some voices.... I love finally finding stuff like this.

The part sampled, starts at right around 10:00 in the video and 5:17 in the song, as noted in the linked post...

"I did it, um... (laughs loudly) two weeks ago for the christmas formal"

"(laughs) For the christmas formal? That's a fuckin' sacrament!"

"Just the, you know, cause christmas formal last year was so funny. I thought well, maybe. I didn't like [Mescaline?] before but I had such a good time... it was just so funny"

They're obviously talking about a hallucinogen, the name of the drug is sort of hard to make out but it sounds like she says Mescaline. The parts easiest to hear during Chromakey are when they all laugh - listening to those helps you piece where the rest of it is.
last.fm/user/ienjoycheese ~ [hence i see joy]

Dayvan Cowboy
holy shit that is weird now that the veil is lifted on where those voices are from...i think it adds something to my idea of the song now that I know where that was included from...
Black then White are all I see in my infancy...Red and Yellow then came to me, reachin' out to me, lets me see...

Happy Cycler
Maybe all of the photos on the album sleeve are from documentaries and there are bits and pieces of said documentaries sprinkled throughout the music!

Happy Cycler
awesome film! i liked it.
another silo full / another dark dawn / bending the air / love is so small

returnal \ you've never left \ you've been here the whole time

Posts Quantity
Oh, no! This film plus the Dayvan Cowboy video. My girlfriend is already making fun of me "listening to surfers band". :lol: O.k. I'm off to catch a wave.

Posts Quantity
Ahhh, it's not that bad, considering there is a surfing version of Stephen Hawking.

Happy Cycler
this thread is crazy legit for the boc subforum.

i remember there has been talk about the contestability of some threads in this place but just for the record this is the kind of thing that belongs here and makes this subforum still worth having despite the lack of news from the band.

Nova Scotia Robot
turquoise70 wrote:this thread is crazy legit for the boc subforum.

i remember there has been talk about the contestability of some threads in this place but just for the record this is the kind of thing that belongs here and makes this subforum still worth having despite the lack of news from the band.

Agreed. I flipped out when I stumbled across it. Already watched the film three times. The whole thing screams of BoC. Especially when Tom says that he wants to go on a hike, to "get me outta this town." I wonder if they know him, or even anyone in that film personally...

Surfing is fun as hell. I've only been once, but I caught on pretty fast. I really want to go again. Not too many big waves here in Ontario though. :cry:

Eagle Minded
The whole thing screams of BoC

so, boc are a couple of lost boys/self absorbed meatheads? i hope not...hehe, the flic was just too painful to watch without taking a two by four to the protagonist and his like "minded" friends...

Sherbet Head
Hey guys,
747Music pointed me to this forum,

I stumbled across this video threw google a while back when looking for old documentary samples. By coincidence it was only after listening to Chromakey Dreamcoat strait after that I noticed it.

Its realy cool though. It does seem that they choose the media from which they sample quite cairfully. Realy does feel like a Boc'ish video all over. Even the whistle in the end credits reminds me of some of there stuff.

Hope you like it.

Posts Quantity
random coincidences ftw

Nova Scotia Robot
Pantheon wrote:Hey guys,
747Music pointed me to this forum,

I stumbled across this video threw google a while back when looking for old documentary samples. By coincidence it was only after listening to Chromakey Dreamcoat strait after that I noticed it.

Its realy cool though. It does seem that they choose the media from which they sample quite cairfully. Realy does feel like a Boc'ish video all over. Even the whistle in the end credits reminds me of some of there stuff.

Hope you like it.

Welcome to Twoism man. Thanks again for finding that video. Great stuuf.

Sherbet Head
Cool man, happy to share :)

Happy Cycler
welcome to the place Pantheon

Posts Quantity
the energy of those living in their home, and attitudes towards their experiences is thought provoking and clear minded, in my opinion.

perhaps, looking from the outside, this may be just another film about a "lost boy" who's entirely self-absorbed in his own ideals of society and self discovery. however, he isn't irresponsible or inconsiderate to anyone (at least in what's shown). a bit of a show-off, maybe. he'd be grand company over some tea, i'm sure!

opening yourself up to strangers holding cameras to your face takes a great amount of courage. sugarcoated stereotypes of drug culture were left at the wayside in this documentary, giving a gateway into an alternative lifestyle that some may not understand (especially in the time period!). this creates a genuine quality that i hope no-one overlooks. i can imagine the ridicule that may have been an issue to the lifestyle they lived (not that it would matter!)...

what i see is a man and a commune of people who are kind enough to let people document them in their home and lives throughout journeys of self-discovery. there's nothing wrong with making an attempt to be understood. -that's something everyone would love and that these people were looking for, is to be understood.

thank you for sharing this video, 747Music.

Sherbet Head
Cool find, changes the context of the song for me in an interesting way.

Happy Cycler
powershoes wrote:the energy of those living in their home, and attitudes towards their experiences is thought provoking and clear minded, in my opinion.

perhaps, looking from the outside, this may be just another film about a "lost boy" who's entirely self-absorbed in his own ideals of society and self discovery. however, he isn't irresponsible or inconsiderate to anyone (at least in what's shown). a bit of a show-off, maybe. he'd be grand company over some tea, i'm sure!

opening yourself up to strangers holding cameras to your face takes a great amount of courage. sugarcoated stereotypes of drug culture were left at the wayside in this documentary, giving a gateway into an alternative lifestyle that some may not understand (especially in the time period!). this creates a genuine quality that i hope no-one overlooks. i can imagine the ridicule that may have been an issue to the lifestyle they lived (not that it would matter!)...

what i see is a man and a commune of people who are kind enough to let people document them in their home and lives throughout journeys of self-discovery. there's nothing wrong with making an attempt to be understood. -that's something everyone would love and that these people were looking for, is to be understood.

thank you for sharing this video, 747Music.

Very well put!

Eagle Minded
well, "tom" is still a meathead...the kinda guy you avoid like the plague when tripping. reminds me of the guy in the woodstock ('69) movie, the one with the sheep :lol: or idiot dopers who see god in their own fecal matter, and want to make sure you are aware that they do...as for the "commune" mention: been there, done that, but not with meatheads like "tom", who would probably be too stoned to feed the livestock, and too busy being touchy feelie with the geese...

Next

Return to Boards of Canada