Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Dayvan Cowboy
It's due. By the new year we will see new BoC. I have no way of knowing, but they'd announce their retirement if they had planned on not putting something out for this long, or longer. Must be soon, and it better be good....really, really good.

Sherbet Head
Phasen wrote:if they had planned on not putting something out for this long, or longer.

Well when you think about it... Music Has The Right To Children was released in 1998, followed by Geogaddi in 2002. 4 years.. going by that we should have something by the end of this year or in '09.

Hopefully.

please ;(

Hexagon Sun Official
Mexicola wrote:I agree it can be frustrating, but it's been clear for some time that they only do press etc. when they are good and ready to. You can chose to call that annoying, ignorant and pretentious, or you can think of it as dedicated, honest or even mysterious. Personally, I don't necessarily think it's any of these things - I'm guessing they are just busy living (semi)normal lives while making music in the way they always did and the way that made them successful to start with - ie. on their own, taking their time and not getting distracted. Whatever we think, it's immaterial - they make the music, they chose the what, where and when.

As to Warp, I'm guessing it's even more annoying for them. Their biggest artist is media shy and reclusive. Kind of limits the potential £$£ possibilities. I'm sure they would love a new interview, cd, back catalogue release, world tour and line of branded footwear, etc., etc. and I'm sure many, many offers have been made to that effect. The likes of you and me emailing then the same 2 or 3 questions every five minutes is probably just adding salt to the wounds, hence the curt replies from them. :wink:

Patience.

This message is absolutely right. The guys' 'radio silence' is simply because they're busy. They're not retiring anytime soon. If it gives you guys any kind of useful insight, Mike and Marcus hate doing promotional work, and they see things like MySpace as counter-productive homogenizing communities. But the page was set up by a fan and was already mis-representing the band, so they requested that it was taken over so they could at least know that it wouldn't start filling up with shit. They would have shut it down, but were persuaded by Warp to keep the community going.

Sherbet Head
there is nothing to go on,not even an estimate for a new release,that is all I am saying

Friendly Stranger
Still, it kind of feels like it will happen soon, right? Rumors have swayed me, I feel like a kid a week before christmas.

Nova Scotia Robot
Mexicola wrote:I agree it can be frustrating, but it's been clear for some time that they only do press etc. when they are good and ready to. You can chose to call that annoying, ignorant and pretentious, or you can think of it as dedicated, honest or even mysterious. Personally, I don't necessarily think it's any of these things - I'm guessing they are just busy living (semi)normal lives while making music in the way they always did and the way that made them successful to start with - ie. on their own, taking their time and not getting distracted. Whatever we think, it's immaterial - they make the music, they chose the what, where and when.

As to Warp, I'm guessing it's even more annoying for them. Their biggest artist is media shy and reclusive. Kind of limits the potential £$£ possibilities. I'm sure they would love a new interview, cd, back catalogue release, world tour and line of branded footwear, etc., etc. and I'm sure many, many offers have been made to that effect. The likes of you and me emailing then the same 2 or 3 questions every five minutes is probably just adding salt to the wounds, hence the curt replies from them. :wink:

Patience.

Well spoken.

New Seed
I'll admit, predicting a BOC release is about as easy as predicting the end of the world but I can make a strong case for a release tomorrow (at least a single). The Trans Canada Highway EP was originally scheduled for release on June 6, 2006 (that date being written numerically as 6/6/06). As such, I believe that they'll release something on 08/08/08 (tomorrow).

New Seed
Oh wait...that's when the olympics start... never mind. Actually, come to think of it, a BOC release would upstage the Olympics :P (at least in my mind).

Nova Scotia Robot
Welcome inNate. I thought they'd do something for June 9th of this year. It'd be nice if it was tomorrow. On 07/07/07 I had a 10 year Final Fantasy 7 party. 06/06/06 I ordered TCH EP online. 05/05/05 I had a party of five party.... :lol: (heh joking on that last one). I'd like to keep the flow going with cool stuff 08/08/08 being a BoC announcement and the Olympics would be great. But I think it'll just be the olympics.

It really doesn't matter to me though. When BoC is ready I'll be happily waiting no matter how long it takes. As long as they are happy and comfortable making their music it'll be great. I don't want making music to be a stress for them, cuz then they won't want to release stuff anymore. I hope they keep on enjoying themselves with each release. I wouldn't have it any other way.

New Seed
747Music wrote:... I'd like to keep the flow going with cool stuff 08/08/08 being a BoC announcement and the Olympics would be great. But I think it'll just be the olympics.

It really doesn't matter to me though. When BoC is ready I'll be happily waiting no matter how long it takes. As long as they are happy and comfortable making their music it'll be great. I don't want making music to be a stress for them, cuz then they won't want to release stuff anymore. I hope they keep on enjoying themselves with each release. I wouldn't have it any other way.

Amen.

Dayvan Cowboy
747Music wrote:On 07/07/07 I had a 10 year Final Fantasy 7 party.

did you play through the whole game in one sitting?
FUTURE FOREST DESIGN:
http://www.futureforestdesign.net

MOSS ARCHIVE MUSIC COLLECTIVE:
http://www.mossarchive.net

Nova Scotia Robot
Joebot Kill wrote:
747Music wrote:On 07/07/07 I had a 10 year Final Fantasy 7 party.

did you play through the whole game in one sitting?

Not on that day, but I have played through the game in one sitting before. (there were short washroom breaks though of coarse). It took me 23 hours and 52 minutes. I've never seen a faster time. I'm on my 21st time through the game now.

On 07/07/07 I watched advent children along with the run through of the story and the anime film on the collectors edition of the dvd. There was also a little trivia drinking game which I dominated 8) . I'm a fan if you didn't notice.

Previous

Return to Boards of Canada