music70.com updated <-- 2 new t-shirts

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Dayvan Cowboy
ryetronics wrote:
jakestott wrote:
wwbjd wrote:Well.. the shirts are all out-of-stock.

I had ordered the day (day after?) they went on sale and never saw that my order ended up being "not authorized" until about five minutes ago.

Damn.. all my other BoC shirts burned up!

Fuck! I wanted the new green one. I have the old brown building and trees t-shirt, but i chewed on the collar too much + it doesn't really fit me anymore :cry:.

You chewed on the collar? Did it replace your woobie? :lol:

Yep, you are correct! :lol:

Happy Cycler
ryetronics wrote:
Joebot Kill wrote:When bands act this way, it's hard to imagine they appreciate their fan base much.

I don't see it this way. I liken BoC to the author Cormac McCarthy (who wrote No Country for Old Men and The Road, among others). McCarthy very seldomly gives interviews, and his interview with Oprah last year was only his 2nd EVER, and he's been writing novels since the 1960's. He makes no attempt at reaching out to his readers, nor does he put any effort into promoting himself or making public appearances. His only concern is in his writing, and the idea of reaching out to fans just doesn't enter his mind. His readers know him for what he is, and accept the fact that he will probably never act like a normal author giving interviews and doing book tours.

Same goes for BoC (at least that's my opinion). They just care about their music, and I'm sure they believe that any distractions from that goal would only make the end product suffer. It's not about them having a beef with the fans or wanting to pull the wool over their eyes, they simply don't think about it.

Is it frustrating? You better believe it. But that's the way it is and they will probably never change.

I love Cormac McCarthy. And I'd like to point out that the embedded quote above is Joebot's, not mine. It was formatted incorrectly. I've taken the liberty of fixing it.

Dayvan Cowboy
thedisavowed wrote:
ryetronics wrote:
Joebot Kill wrote:When bands act this way, it's hard to imagine they appreciate their fan base much.

I don't see it this way. I liken BoC to the author Cormac McCarthy (who wrote No Country for Old Men and The Road, among others). McCarthy very seldomly gives interviews, and his interview with Oprah last year was only his 2nd EVER, and he's been writing novels since the 1960's. He makes no attempt at reaching out to his readers, nor does he put any effort into promoting himself or making public appearances. His only concern is in his writing, and the idea of reaching out to fans just doesn't enter his mind. His readers know him for what he is, and accept the fact that he will probably never act like a normal author giving interviews and doing book tours.

Same goes for BoC (at least that's my opinion). They just care about their music, and I'm sure they believe that any distractions from that goal would only make the end product suffer. It's not about them having a beef with the fans or wanting to pull the wool over their eyes, they simply don't think about it.

Is it frustrating? You better believe it. But that's the way it is and they will probably never change.

I love Cormac McCarthy. And I'd like to point out that the embedded quote above is Joebot's, not mine. It was formatted incorrectly. I've taken the liberty of fixing it.

I love cormac McCarthy too! I actually just picked up a copy of the road a while back. Havent gotten a chance to start it yet. I'm trying to struggle through the Tale of Genji... it's hard though, apparently it's the first novel ever written! I also LOVE boards of canada. The only reason I sound like an impatient douchebag is because I could REALLY use some new music from them at this point in my life. seriously. that's all.
FUTURE FOREST DESIGN:
http://www.futureforestdesign.net

MOSS ARCHIVE MUSIC COLLECTIVE:
http://www.mossarchive.net

Happy Cycler
Nah, I wasn't calling you down I just wanted to make it clear as I was quoted in this thread as having said something that you said.

I hear you - I guess I've just found so much excellent music in the interim that I haven't really been worrying about BoC- despite modding the board and contributing to the best BoC fan page on the net

Patience patience. In the meantime, I suggest everyone gets eyeball deep into Stars of the Lid. I just can't get enough of them at the moment. :D

Edit: The Road is a heavy one. Too bad it looks like the film adaptation is going to royally suck. I'd say The Road is his best, No Country for Old Men the most enjoyable, and Blood Meridian just the craziest, goriest novel I've ever read.

Dayvan Cowboy
thedisavowed wrote:Edit: The Road is a heavy one. Too bad it looks like the film adaptation is going to royally suck. I'd say The Road is his best, No Country for Old Men the most enjoyable, and Blood Meridian just the craziest, goriest novel I've ever read.

The trailer for the Road totally misrepresents the movie, from what I've read. The actual film is supposed to be very true to the book. Thank Hollywood and their feeble minds for that awful trailer.

Shall we start a separate thread on the man to keep this one on topic?

Dayvan Cowboy
Boards can take as long as they like with the new album.

Got Bibio's new album coming out next month, that'll keep me happy for a looong time.

Happy Cycler
ryetronics wrote:Shall we start a separate thread on the man to keep this one on topic?

Right-O: http://www.twoism.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5439

Dayvan Cowboy
jakestott wrote:Boards can take as long as they like with the new album.

Got Bibio's new album coming out next month, that'll keep me happy for a looong time.

good point! but here's an example of what i was talking about before when i mentioned caring about fans: bibio responds to your emails!!!

but i know BOC aren't bad guys, and i'm sure they really do appreciate their fans. its great to know that the only reason they are so silent is because they're hard at work. i'm really looking forward to whatever it is they're working on. I'd love to hear new songs from them...
FUTURE FOREST DESIGN:
http://www.futureforestdesign.net

MOSS ARCHIVE MUSIC COLLECTIVE:
http://www.mossarchive.net

Joebot Kill wrote:good point! but here's an example of what i was talking about before when i mentioned caring about fans: bibio responds to your emails!!!

but i know BOC aren't bad guys, and i'm sure they really do appreciate their fans. its great to know that the only reason they are so silent is because they're hard at work. i'm really looking forward to whatever it is they're working on. I'd love to hear new songs from them...

#mails boc receives > #mails bibio receives

and with > I reckon like a boczillion times more mails

bleak. wrote:mine arrived today - fits perfectly :)

My two shirts arrived too, but the wrong size. *sigh* I ordered L and I received M. I already filed a complain. I reckon I'll need to send my items back (as read in their faq @ beta.bleep.com) and wait for a new batch, which is out of stock atm. Good job warp. :)

Dayvan Cowboy
Back in stock! Now medium is out of stock. They said they'd get more in a couple of weeks.

Hey Fredd-E.. since I had ordered two M's (one in each color) -- you want to send them to me? I'll pay!

Hexagon Sun Official
Fredd-E wrote:
Joebot Kill wrote:good point! but here's an example of what i was talking about before when i mentioned caring about fans: bibio responds to your emails!!!

#mails boc receives > #mails bibio receives

and with > I reckon like a boczillion times more mails

this is exactly right. we had to remove the po box address because of the huge volume of mail arriving. even now there are scores of personal messages piling in via the myspace site every day and the band obviously don't have the time to deal with it.

Sherbet Head
Fredd-E wrote:
bleak. wrote:mine arrived today - fits perfectly :)

My two shirts arrived too, but the wrong size. *sigh* I ordered L and I received M. I already filed a complain. I reckon I'll need to send my items back (as read in their faq @ beta.bleep.com) and wait for a new batch, which is out of stock atm. Good job warp. :)

they seem to be bouncing in and out of stock, atm I see most sizes in stock, but definitely in the past I've seen them all out of stock, and before that, I saw stock when people had already posted about them being out. Seems a bit of a crapshoot, if you don't get one, try later.

New Seed
I wish I could get a fat kid size. There are XXL Boards of Canada knock-off shirts floating around on eBay but I wish I could pick up the real deal.

Eagle Minded
My Warp newsletter says:

"An additional colour scheme of this design is in the pipeline, watch this space for details."

:D

Sherbet Head
They should just offer any of the aa colors as a choice. There are so many.

Dayvan Cowboy
hGc wrote:My Warp newsletter says:

"An additional colour scheme of this design is in the pipeline, watch this space for details."

:D

Yellow........? C'mon Warp!

Would anyone wear an orange one? Or is that too campy.

Sherbet Head
wwbjd wrote:
Yellow........? C'mon Warp!

Would anyone wear an orange one? Or is that too campy.

I'd wear an orange one. Don't care. Bring on orange!
I'll see you when the sun sets east, don't forget me.
https://www.instagram.com/powerline_misfortune/

wwbjd wrote:Hey Fredd-E.. since I had ordered two M's (one in each color) -- you want to send them to me? I'll pay!

Well, uhm, I'll await Bleep's response to my complaint first if you don't mind. As I've already sent in an issue with my order.

But if all fails, I'm willing to send them over. But, for now, I want Bleep to send me two L versions.

We'll keep in touch. :)

Eagle Minded
I'm still waiting for mine over here across the pond. So jealous, even of the wrong sizes (you can send those Ms my way, fredd-e ;) )

And orange? I'd buy...
last.fm/user/ienjoycheese ~ [hence i see joy]

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada