One on Twoism - Volume 3 [Audio Submission]

WE DON'T BЯAINWASH

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Site Admin
Fellow Twoismers,

It's a real pleasure to announce the kick off of the third volume of One on Twoism!

Although this project is by independent artists it totally gained a professional spirit in my opinion. Quality is what OoT stands for, quality is what we will continue to create. You want to be part of this but you don't produce music? Well, you might want to be part of this by creating artwork. Can't do music and artwork? Perhaps building a microsite.
Which contribution will come from your hands? time will tell.

Although most of this may seem obvious, we advise you to please read the following rules very carefully to avoid any unnecessary confusion or discussion. We advise 'new' users who want to contribute to please read the original One on Twoism topics already in this subforum. They will give you a good idea of what One on Twoism was and what we hope this series will continue to be.

Strategy:

As mentioned before, OoT1 was a summery album and OoT2 sort of autumny, so let OoT3 be winterish. We do prefer that your submissions fall somewhere in an electronic / IDM / experimental / ambient vein. We think we want this compilation to be less BoC, but please don't limit yourself to any preconceived notions. We are well aware that a lot of artists on this forum are influenced by BoC and might always have some sort of BoC touch to it. Don't worry about that, if it works, it works!

Ground Rules:
  • Maximum time is limited to five minutes per member, regardless of the number of tracks submitted.
  • Your submission is and will be exclusive to the One on Twoism series.
  • Please tag your submissions with your artist - songname (Twoism membername).
    Example: Grim on Mbient - Ain't me who's producing (Aesthetics)
  • Submit in wav or lossless format (ie FLAC). If you have any questions pertaining to file formats, please feel free to ask.
  • Please send a participation email to Image with your forum and artist name if you are going to submit a song for OoT3. This way we will not be surprized with an overload by the end of the deadline.
  • The Other and Aesthetics reserve the right to select which songs make the compilation.
  • The Other and Aesthetics reserve the right to alter your submission to fit the compilation.
  • DO NOT post your tracks in this topic.
  • DO NOT set up dummy accounts to contribute more than 5 minutes of music!
Some special needs, however, are for an intro and perhaps some 'gap fillers' about 30 seconds or so in length. Please limit these to two contributions per member. Please review One on Twoism 1&2 for ideas of what we're looking for. Feel free to come up with whatever you think will work well. Even minimal or voice only samples could be useful... Think intro, mitro, outro, voice, jingle.. go crazy!

Instructions for Submitting:

Visit the Twoism Records DropBox here.
  1. Choose your audio file in wav or flac.
  2. Track info
    Artist - Trackname (Twoism membername)
  3. Track description (do not forget to include this!)
    • Twoism forum name:
    • Artist name:
    • Song name:
    • Myspace name or internet page:
  4. Your contact info
    Your email address
    A confirmation email will be sent to this address before SoundCloud send your track to Twoism Records.
  5. Save track
  6. DO NOT sign in after the confirmation process!!

What if:
  • There are too many contributions? The Other and Aesthetics will decide which tracks make the comp. Generally, established members will receive preference.
  • You are having difficulties to send your track with SoundCloud.
    Sent an email to Image and we'll work something out.

Deadline:
30 November 2008

Release Date:
Early 2009.
This time is needed to master, compile and mix, as well as finish the artwork and creating a microsite.

Good luck and thanks for making this possible!

The Other and Aesthetics
(One on Twoism coordinators)

Want to design the artwork?
Want to build a microsite?

Twoism Records
Last edited by Aesthetics on Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:06 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Dayvan Cowboy
sweet :D

*gets to work*

Eagle Minded
What a wonderful gift! Thank you all!

Dayvan Cowboy
quite exciting indeed :)

Happy Cycler
oh yes!!! OoT's always get me excited!!! looking forward to hearing all your contributions again!!! 8)
"It's been a long time..."

Telepath
Count me in! :D :D :D :D :D :D

Sherbet Head
Yay!

Posts Quantity
fabulous. 8)

Dayvan Cowboy
Here we go again! :D
“if you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor.” - Desmond Tutu

"[Man] is by nature a political animal. And he who by nature and not by mere accident is without a state, is either above humanity, or below it... he may be compared to a bird which flies alone." - Aristotle, Politics

Happy Cycler
Already?
*Shrugs*
It's still good all in all.
I'll try and get one in this time. :D

Dayvan Cowboy
i'll give it a go, just hope i get my equipment working again.

Dayvan Cowboy
I think I'll give this a try.

Happy Cycler
So, the flavor this time is Winter? Does that mean it's darker, colder, more abrasive sounding tracks you are looking for?

Eagle Minded
Awesome! I've got a song I "finished" a month or so ago, Invis, that's probably going to get some minor tweaking done to it eventually...I would submit it now with the intent of sending an updated version later, but I fear I'd forget about it and I'd end up with an older, unfinished version on the compilation like I did with my two songs on OoT1. But then there's a good chance I'd forget about it anyway... :\
Last edited by esselfortium on Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Site Admin
mechanismj wrote:So, the flavor this time is Winter? Does that mean it's darker, colder, more abrasive sounding tracks you are looking for?

what you think will suit. In other words, the stuff you like to listen to on cold winter days.. this of course is very personal.
Life is a Frequency

Dayvan Cowboy
The Telepathic Kid wrote:Already?
It's always been an october start :P Well, except the first one took a loong time, but hey.

Site Admin
esselfortium wrote:Awesome! I've got a song I "finished" a month or so ago, Invis, that's probably going to get some minor tweaking done to it eventually...I would submit it now with the intent of sending an updated version later, but I fear I'd forget about it and I'd end up with an older, unfinished version on the compilation like I did with my two songs on OoT1. But then there's a good chance I'd forget about it anyway... :\

• Your submission is and will be exclusive to the One on Twoism series.
  • DO NOT post your tracks in this topic.
Last edited by Aesthetics on Tue Oct 21, 2008 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Life is a Frequency

Dayvan Cowboy
Stupid Question:Is it still OK to enter if I don't have a website or Myspace?

Happy Cycler
Unfortunately due to bad timing I may not be able to submit anything this time around. I would really love to, but as I've said in the other topics about OoT i'm just way too busy right now. Makes me resentful and pissed off because I'm busy with shit I don't actually care about, but have to do anyway.
another silo full / another dark dawn / bending the air / love is so small

returnal \ you've never left \ you've been here the whole time

Site Admin
Treefingers wrote:Stupid Question:Is it still OK to enter if I don't have a website or Myspace?

Of course you can. This is only needed for the tracklist on the microsite.
Life is a Frequency

Next

Return to Twoism Records