Let's speculate on certain sounds and samples.

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Boqurant
You gotta chill, Moz :mrgreen:

Eagle Minded
Mansin wrote:You gotta chill, Moz :mrgreen:

It kind of bothers me should have I posted these. I hope they cleared those. Probably yes, it is Warp after all.

Eagle Minded
Found another one. I'll let it cool down for a little bit, make 100% sure that is really it. Give police some time to catch up. Hint: used in two songs

Eagle Minded
Moz wrote:Found another one. I'll let it cool down for a little bit, make 100% sure that is really it. Give police some time to catch up. Hint: used in two songs

Oh wow! Keep em coming dude, soon we'll have a sample source for every song of theirs!
you're in a psycho war, that's what your permit's for

Eagle Minded
The best thing is I am searching for something completely different and I find this stuff.

Eagle Minded
Aquarius ascending synth line?

Eagle Minded
The "What comes with, uh, chicken fingers?" sample from Dave (I'm a Real Traditionalist) and 5d??

Eagle Minded
47s in:
phpBB [media]

Was not convinced but when that bass build up with vocals comes in, yeah.
Also dopeness at 15:26.

Eagle Minded
That's the Duffy melody, hey!

Eagle Minded
Wow didn't even notice that one but could be! I meant 5d and 747.

Eagle Minded
It could be duffy, but the fact that this sample is a year younger than duffy kinda disproves that, still very similar melody to it

Eagle Minded
there's also some similarities to 5.9.78 i picked up in there while messing with the pitch

Eagle Minded
Also listening to Seven Forty Seven in reverse, i just noticed a gated choir. Could that be the same choir from later in the video?

Eagle Minded
funnnnpng wrote:Also listening to Seven Forty Seven in reverse, i just noticed a gated choir. Could that be the same choir from later in the video?

Yes, when I first heard the main sample I was not so convinced. When the choir came in and a swelling bass like it does in 747 that was it. If not a sample, definitely an inspiration.
Main sample is probably a synth patch or even midi instrument. This came out on VHS so they might have jacked it from there for 5d.

Eagle Minded
Yeah, I think it's either the exact same patch or they directly sampled it (which they probably did) using a sampler keyboard.

Also, listening to 747 in reverse is so mind blowing. So many new details uncovered. There's these weird possibly sampled clicks and shuffling that go in and out, that i only really noticed in reverse. Also the queen sample "Radi-a-o!" that's used as the "bassline" of sorts in the track is a bit more noticeable.

Posts Quantity
funnnnpng wrote:Also, listening to 747 in reverse is so mind blowing. So many new details uncovered. There's these weird possibly sampled clicks and shuffling that go in and out, that i only really noticed in reverse. Also the queen sample "Radi-a-o!" that's used as the "bassline" of sorts in the track is a bit more noticeable.

at what exactly moment can I hear this Queen sample? I could not find it on my own no matter how hard I tried

Eagle Minded
Dmitrii wrote:
funnnnpng wrote:Also, listening to 747 in reverse is so mind blowing. So many new details uncovered. There's these weird possibly sampled clicks and shuffling that go in and out, that i only really noticed in reverse. Also the queen sample "Radi-a-o!" that's used as the "bassline" of sorts in the track is a bit more noticeable.

at what exactly moment can I hear this Queen sample? I could not find it on my own no matter how hard I tried

Around 0:49 is when it's most clear. It's the pitched down voice of someone saying "ray-di-o", probably from radio ga ga. it kinda fades out when all the extra noise comes in

Eagle Minded
MDG: "I'm sorry I don't know why there are multiple versions of this track [Seven Forty Seven]. I do know that if you listen very closely to the release version, you'll hear Freddie Mercury. See if you can spot it!"

Sherbet Head
funnnnpng wrote:Around 0:49 is when it's most clear. It's the pitched down voice of someone saying "ray-di-o", probably from radio ga ga. it kinda fades out when all the extra noise comes in

Holy stromboli, so mdg wasn't kidding?
mdg wrote:I'm sorry I don't know why there are multiple versions of this track. I do know that if you listen very closely to the release version, you'll hear Freddie Mercury. See if you can spot it!

Edit: Damn, ninja'd by funnnnpng :P
Last edited by Jango9 on Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If The Campfire Headphase was a butterfly, would Acid Memories be the caterpillar?
Spoiler: show
Unfortunately I have no clue lmao. But while you're here, go ahead and check out some of my tunes! You might dig 'em and stuff!

Eagle Minded
Also noticed that the flute from 5d appears in 747 at 1:06. but i'm sure you all already knew that!

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada