Stars of the Lid

Discussions related to music in general.

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Dayvan Cowboy
Legacy twoismite 'Zander 2' (he's long gone from here as far as I can tell) sent me the files for Carte-De-Visite around the time it was released in '07 and I was hooked! I proceeeded to track down everything I could. This is the track where I was certain this was a tremendous musical discovery indeed:

phpBB [media]
My debut Sweguno EP 'Adapteras' is available here: https://atavisticspasmrecords.bandcamp. ... apteras-ep

Dayvan Cowboy
Mexicola wrote:For those who missed this - a teaser for the SOTL movie due in 2010. Looks nothing short of stunning.

I still wish this had actually come out, and now I forget why it didn't... Or did it?
My debut Sweguno EP 'Adapteras' is available here: https://atavisticspasmrecords.bandcamp. ... apteras-ep

Happy Cycler
THE Goiter Sanchez! Always a pleasure.

Dayvan Cowboy
THE mechanismj! Great avatar. We've been at it almost 20 years on this forum, gahdamn!

Dayvan Cowboy
Goiter Sanchez wrote:
Mexicola wrote:For those who missed this - a teaser for the SOTL movie due in 2010. Looks nothing short of stunning.

I still wish this had actually come out, and now I forget why it didn't... Or did it?

It never came out. If I remember rightly, they fell out with the film maker. Shame because it looked good.

Happy Cycler
Goiter Sanchez wrote:THE mechanismj! Great avatar. We've been at it almost 20 years on this forum, gahdamn!

Can't tell you how much I love this brief exchange between you two ha.
Sagan: In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Basinski: I wanted Cascade to become this crystalline organism like a star or a liquid crystal spaceship, a jellyfish traveling through the galaxy…

Posts Quantity

Dayvan Cowboy

Just came here to post this! Sounds lovely

phpBB [media]

Sherbet Head

First spin through and I'm liking it. Definitely deserves more listens to get the full impression.

Sherbet Head
Josh wrote:

First spin through and I'm liking it. Definitely deserves more listens to get the full impression.

This has been in heavy rotation since it came out. Definitely worth the time to become really familiar with all the different textures and moods that reveal themselves. I'm not going to compare it to anything from SotL, or other projects WIltzie is in. I think this deserves to be heard and evaluated on it's own merit, as its own thing.

Previous

Return to This Random Sound