May 27th - 17:00 PDT

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Friendly Stranger
The record is great.

Posts Quantity
Fredd-E wrote:Almost 4am... I'd better get some sleep now.

I'll just leave this here: Lake Dolores.

'Dolores' is Spanish, and by the way, the name of my grandma. 'Dolores' means 'pains', not a very commercial/popular name for a 'magic water world', isn't it?

Happy Cycler

TypicalBoCFan.png
Okay...now...wait for fog machine.

Dayvan Cowboy
It was a family business named after the co-owner and wife.

Sherbet Head
The Spaniard wrote:

'Dolores' is Spanish, and by the way, the name of my grandma. 'Dolores' means 'pains', not a very commercial/popular name for a 'magic water world', isn't it?

ha well these places are usually pretty dangerous so perhaps it's fitting. Action Park in new Jersey was a real death trap.

We'll probably be hearing from the folks who heard the who heard it all pretty soon. It must have been a great experience, wish I could have made it, but I'm beast coast these days.
All of old. Nothing else ever. Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

Posts Quantity
Techboy wrote:It was a family business named after the co-owner and wife.

I guess that 'Pain' was the best name they could come up after twenty years of marriage.

Dayvan Cowboy
lol! they went for lake disappointment at first but couldnt get a bank loan.

Eagle Minded
The Spaniard wrote:
Techboy wrote:It was a family business named after the co-owner and wife.

I guess that 'Pain' was the best name they could come up after twenty years of marriage.

Haha!

Posts Quantity
Rodheh wrote:Image

TypicalBoCFan.png

He is a disturbing mixture between Lara Croft and Indiana Jones right after signing a multi million contract.

Seems as if the dude had finally found the Lost Ark.

Posts Quantity
I hope they do something similar in the UK. I hope it's miles away in the north of Scotland somewhere too, so i can have an epic road trip at the same time.

Eagle Minded
rainier wrote:
The Spaniard wrote:

ha well these places are usually pretty dangerous so perhaps it's fitting. Action Park in new Jersey was a real death trap.

We'll probably be hearing from the folks who heard the who heard it all pretty soon. It must have been a great experience, wish I could have made it, but I'm beast coast these days.

Ha! I'm a Jersey Shore native (not a seasonal guido). I remember Action Park. Flashback! That place was fuct.
:INDIFFERENT SPACES:
all albums [IS1-IS12] available here:
http://indifferentspaces.bandcamp.com

Boqurant
I just wanted to thank tonx. You seriously deserve a holiday or something. I would've gone crazy if i couldn't have at least been there through proxy. Sure, it would drop out and the ads sucked, but id say it was pretty good considering he downloaded it on the fly by the suggestions of the board. KUDOS!

Posts Quantity
Too bad none of the footage shot for the promo campaign happened to be located in Texas. Otherwise I'd be reallllllllllllllly excited by this point.

Dayvan Cowboy
With basically infinite free time on my hands until the album launch I too am hopeful of a Scottish promo.

Posts Quantity
sleepysilverdoor wrote:Too bad none of the footage shot for the promo campaign happened to be located in Texas. Otherwise I'd be reallllllllllllllly excited by this point.

haha me too. i think they should bring that trailer to the marfa lights observatory and do a loop of the record on a nice clear night for some serious ufo viewing....

Sherbet Head
sleepysilverdoor wrote:Too bad none of the footage shot for the promo campaign happened to be located in Texas. Otherwise I'd be reallllllllllllllly excited by this point.

Are you calling out for a Texas meet-up sometime soon to maybe listen to the new lp, on a loud PA.? I could host in East Downtown Houston.

New Seed
!!
Last edited by ski_stoned on Tue May 28, 2013 6:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Boqurant
Torn n Frayed wrote:

Are you calling out for a Texas meet-up sometime soon to maybe listen to the new lp, on a loud PA.? I could host in East Downtown Houston.

Count me IN!! I would host but I will be in the middle of a move when the Album is released.

Eagle Minded
harpoon dodger wrote:BoC bless the dude with the nice camera on a tripod. THAT video will be making the rounds, I'm sure :D

Yes it will my friends. I will get the edit to you asap. Still gotta make the gawdawful drive home 6 hours ... and its fucking bumper to bumper. But, if I gotta get stuck in traffic to be a part of what just happened ... yeah. Can do.

Sketchy connection out here in the desert so full report later will be edging what I shot first thing when home. Sorry again for not keeping up while live. Damn phone died.
Four legs good, two legs bad
- George Orwell

Boqurant
paul wrote:
harpoon dodger wrote:BoC bless the dude with the nice camera on a tripod. THAT video will be making the rounds, I'm sure :D

Yes it will my friends. I will get the edit to you asap. Still gotta make the gawdawful drive home 6 hours ... and its fucking bumper to bumper. But, if I gotta get stuck in traffic to be a part of what just happened ... yeah. Can do.

Sketchy connection out here in the desert so full report later will be edging what I shot first thing when home. Sorry again for not keeping up while live. Damn phone died.

PAUL! You came through! your'e my hero! No seriously. Will it be posted or should i give you my email?

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada