The Magic Window

Check out part 1 of a Twoism Records special

GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Boqurant
Something just occured to me while listening to the version of Julie and Candy that's on youtube from Warp Lighthouse Party - the live one that was uploaded in 2009. I remember this video was somewhat related to the launch of Tomorrow's Harvest because at one point X's appear on the screen like the untitled records that were found during that time.

There's a muffled voice in that version of Julie and Candy that sounds as if it's saying "seven years" and it dawned on me that Tomorrow's Harvest was released June 5th, 2013. I bought my copy from a local CD shop just before it closed down.

If you total "seven years" with TH date of 2013 you get 2020. I don't know if this has been noticed before, or if maybe I'm hearing the voice sample incorrectly so I might be wrong. Given some of the number theories etc. I thought it was curious. Probably nothing, just wanted to mention since it had crossed my mind.

Eagle Minded
I know they like to plan but hinting at a future release before they even start to promote their next one is a stretch.
You can find plausible ideas in anything if you look hard enough. I just don't think they are that arsed to do stuff like that. Sure they embed many things and some we have maybe still yet to uncover but things with insanely thought out preplanning are just fantasy.
Shouldn't stop you finding little fun coincidences though, that's cool.
You could feell the bullshit

Boqurant
True, considering that version of Julie and Candy was played around the year 2000, so that would imply at least 2 decades of planning/waiting. Improbable as you say, I agree. In a lot of ways something like that doesn't make sense for a band to do, I also thought that I can't really imagine another group who might intentionally design something like that, for whatever reason.

BoC seems like they are careful with every song and how they approach every release, so in my mind it didn't seem like that far of a stretch. As always I guess we'll wait and see if something happens hehe.

Dayvan Cowboy
They were hinted at "few" albums at the release of TH in 2013. If Iremember correctly in one interview. They said almost " we have so much unreleased matterial laying arround. Which need still to be polish. But something along the lines, "we select from the best. and it's enough for an album or two"
Anyway, my theory is that the album is done long time ago. They just don't release it for some reason.

Eagle Minded
Eastern european theme for next album confirmed!

Posts Quantity
arvy wrote:They were hinted at "few" albums at the release of TH in 2013. If Iremember correctly in one interview. They said almost " we have so much unreleased matterial laying arround. Which need still to be polish.

Kurwa Industries?
Piotr Standing Alone?
Slow This Barszcz Down?

I'm so sorry..

Dayvan Cowboy
City-17 soundtrack incoming

Posts Quantity
February third, just a few weeks before 02/20/2020. If something were to happen, I guess we should start hearing about The Bros soon. Unless they decide to give us a surprise on the exact same release day, but I don't know if no anticipation would help promote the album, considering that probably a good amount of albums are projected to be released on such a beautiful (and Geogaddistic) date.

Posts Quantity
I think the material is already out there online somewhere. This time I believe it is an unannounced treasure hunt, and that you'll likely find it on youtube or soundcloud. I genuinely believe this.

Eagle Minded
Sl Flk wrote:I think the material is already out there online somewhere. This time I believe it is an unannounced treasure hunt, and that you'll likely find it on youtube or soundcloud. I genuinely believe this.

I believe something still needs to be done with newcleardawn

They wouldn't be paying for a domain just for a funny joke would they? :oops:

Posts Quantity
You're probably right. The domain name expires this year and they've held it for years!

The symbology on the page is just too much and will likely trigger my obsession. I can't be bothered to play their games anymore. I honestly thought I'd found their new material, but maybe I just made a fool of myself :) - I shall just wait patiently and get on with life and my own music.

Updated Date: 2018-03-16T15:27:59.000Z
Creation Date: 2005-10-28T23:55:34.000Z
Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2020-10-28T23:55:34.000Z

In the mean time, have a listen to this. This was a lovely find. Simple, but really really nice.

https://couriersound.bandcamp.com/album/create

Posts Quantity
If I were to let my schizophrenic side do the talking. I'd say that the website indicates that November 2020 will be the start of something nuclear happening. Possibly Seattle, US in November 2020

Dayvan Cowboy
Interesting. Tho, I think that sudden release in February without any campaign would be the biggest mindfuck. It would be very interesting to see their next release in deep autumn release. Possibly again some US upcoming global themes on the album. It's like the the dawning picture of San Francisco in the Tomorrow's Harvest artwork. Which that evokes in our mind that something big is coming. Tho, we are still in this short peacefull state.

Eagle Minded
Hey guys, I'm back. What'd I miss?

I was all tired from being so hyped last year and nothing happening in regards to new material, but I listened to headphase and yep, it's still one of my all time favorite electronica albums. Very cozy to listen to while gazing at the grey skies of winter.

Geogaddi's anniversary is this month and Beautiful Place Out In The Country is turning 20 this year too. I'm setting aside money for whatever anniversary product they turn out. I still say a lithograph of the cover would look awesome.

Eagle Minded
Echelon wrote:Hey guys, I'm back. What'd I miss?

I was all tired from being so hyped last year and nothing happening in regards to new material, but I listened to headphase and yep, it's still one of my all time favorite electronica albums. Very cozy to listen to while gazing at the grey skies of winter.

Geogaddi's anniversary is this month and Beautiful Place Out In The Country is turning 20 this year too. I'm setting aside money for whatever anniversary product they turn out. I still say a lithograph of the cover would look awesome.

For geogaddi's anniversary listen to it back to back Foward and Backward. Maybe backward first? Quite the experience!

Repeat the process an entire day ... maybe you'll get the true feel of the album .. whoknows :mrgreen:

Eagle Minded
TheStatPow wrote:
Echelon wrote:Hey guys, I'm back. What'd I miss?

For geogaddi's anniversary listen to it back to back Foward and Backward. Maybe backward first? Quite the experience!

Repeat the process an entire day ... maybe you'll get the true feel of the album .. whoknows :mrgreen:

A funny story about Geogaddi happened to me recently. I lent my friend a copy and we listened to 1969 in his old car. When it got to the female voice going "1969 in the sunshine" it sounded like it was reverberating from inside his dashboard. It scared the shit out of him.

Neither of us use any kind of pharmaceutical aid but I could only imagine how terrifying that would be to someone tripping. Just to be hearing a desensitized robot voice coming from inside the car. I seriously love this because it just adds to Geogaddi. That was the exact kind of record they intended it to be.

Posts Quantity

Eagle Minded
When listening to 1969 on dolby Pro logic II the 1969 in the sunshine voice comes out of the rear speakers, it's really cool and geogaddi is definitely worth a listen on pro logic!

Boqurant
luminousdusk wrote:When listening to 1969 on dolby Pro logic II the 1969 in the sunshine voice comes out of the rear speakers, it's really cool and geogaddi is definitely worth a listen on pro logic!

Is there a home speaker system thread somewhere? I am in the market for a new setup. I am very interested in how others have come to a good solution to their listening party. Like, what did you arrive to that sounds really good etc..

I haven't been around for awhile and I guess there is no new news, no new news about a new album.

Eagle Minded
It does not matter, every single bit of gear will colour the sound in it's own way. No one will ever hear the music exactly as it is, not even BoC. Best thing to do is choose some half decent amp and speakers that have a good freq range and get used to listening to them. As long as you have a setup that is not hiding anything from your ears then it's all subjective to what sounds better anyway.

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada