GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Eagle Minded
A big happy birthday to my favorite Boards of Canada album, Geogaddi. An eighteen year old and legal masterpiece! I still argue they never topped this and it's their most even album. Two more years and we can probably purchase a lithograph of it.

Even though for the twentieth anniversary, I think we'd all prefer to hear something from the 300 plus tracks they recorded during the sessions. But alas, like all unreleased Boards items, it will probably remain an object of myth. I'd love to be proven wrong but their track record suggests otherwise.

Unless one day, they're just going to open the floodgates. That thought's crossed my mind a few times as something that might happen this decade or the next one. No idea why.

Posts Quantity
rolypablo wrote:Interesting stuff my dudes.. I'm also still enjoying Societas tape. Just had a thought though... I'm not sure if the version I have is the best quality, where can I find a download for the highest quality?

This is the 128 MP3 which was originally broadcast, you won't get anything better than this
https://mega.nz/#F!qOZmGAQD!Ye7dE-2rl01 ... Q?TfBBVaLB

Posts Quantity
Sl Flk wrote:RIP Andrew Weatherall - I sample you in this track. See if you know which one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LHMUHgRwEk

No offence but I think this is the wrong thread for this, it's not related to Boards, a better place would probably be This Random Sound

sixtyniner wrote:
Sl Flk wrote:RIP Andrew Weatherall - I sample you in this track. See if you know which one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LHMUHgRwEk

No offence but I think this is the wrong thread for this, it's not related to Boards, a better place would probably be This Random Sound

I moved it. Cheers.

Slow down...

Dayvan Cowboy
sixtyniner wrote:
rolypablo wrote:Interesting stuff my dudes.. I'm also still enjoying Societas tape. Just had a thought though... I'm not sure if the version I have is the best quality, where can I find a download for the highest quality?

This is the 128 MP3 which was originally broadcast, you won't get anything better than this
https://mega.nz/#F!qOZmGAQD!Ye7dE-2rl01 ... Q?TfBBVaLB
I cannot get anything from Mega to download to my mobile. It stalls out at around 14% every time.

Boqurant
Odd Nosdam just posted a new ambient mix, there's no tracklist but the track starting at around 12:38 features some tomorrow's harvest-esque vocals. It's probably meaningless, but i'm sure you lot will have interesting thoughts either way.

https://www.mixcloud.com/odd-nosdam/not ... ambient71/

Sounds like a voice counting up the years from the past couple of decades.

Eagle Minded
whyte wrote:Odd Nosdam just posted a new ambient mix, there's no tracklist but the track starting at around 12:38 features some tomorrow's harvest-esque vocals. It's probably meaningless, but i'm sure you lot will have interesting thoughts either way.

sounds really cool but nah not boc

Eagle Minded
whyte wrote:Odd Nosdam just posted a new ambient mix, there's no tracklist but the track starting at around 12:38 features some tomorrow's harvest-esque vocals. It's probably meaningless, but i'm sure you lot will have interesting thoughts either way.

That's beautiful. Whoever it is nailed the whole melodic ambience plus a curious mathematical vocal sample.

Funny he released it a day before the date some people have been theorizing as a suspicious date, 2/20/20.

Probably nothing as per usual but a fun little mystery to kill time.

Eagle Minded
Btw, Tears From The Compound Eye is on this playlist. I left it on in the background and was like holy snap.

I spoke to Odd Nosdam last year and he told me that aside from saying hello and checking in, BoC hasn't told him much of anything. He added "they're very tight lipped."

I don't think he would know if anything was up and if he did, they'd probably break his legs if he did say anything :P

Posts Quantity
Echelon wrote:Btw, Tears From The Compound Eye is on this playlist.

Yeah, noticed it has some gain boost, which makes the fade-ending stand out more. Nice.

Boqurant
Echelon wrote:I spoke to Odd Nosdam last year and he told me that aside from saying hello and checking in, BoC hasn't told him much of anything.
Nice to hear that they are still in contact with each other :)

Posts Quantity
dp wrote:I cannot get anything from Mega to download to my mobile. It stalls out at around 14% every time.

You might need to download the Mega app to download stuff on mobile. There's also this other link:
https://archive.org/download/WXAXRXP-NT ... 20TAPE.mp3

Dayvan Cowboy
^Cheers!!

Eagle Minded
I went through a phase of growing very resentful against BoC because to me they seem to snub an incredible and loyal fanbase and to me that is something they should respect. I don't know why, perhaps its because I come from a more metal/punk music background where the relationship between fans and band is very loyal and intense. IDM isn't that way at all and I still dont think I have fully adjusted to it tbh. All these never-ending brickwalls of silence, no gigs, nothing.

Now that I am in my thirties and been a music fanatic for so many years and been through many genres there are only 2 artists on the planet who still evoke that teenage/20something/tribal instinct in me. And they are Aphex and BoC. But it's a tough love I guess because AFX and BoC do nothing but wind me up lol. It's exasperating at times!! Hahah.

Anyway I sort of wised up and realised I was wasting part of my soul, getting all hot and bothered about it, but it still sometimes grates. In part I admire BoC for never breaking the way they do things.

And there has been very minor but positive signs from them that they aren't dead, we all know deep down somethings coming, but not many of us have the superhuman powers of patience needed to deal with 'BOC Time'. So sometimes we write a letter on the forum to release the frustration....

In my book that's fair enough

I was reading some old threads from the 2007-2012 hiatus and this beautiful statement from Warphead caught my attention because you could literally copy and paste it in this era without changing a single line of text.

I like how he/she/they mentions "minor but positive signs that they aren't dead" because I feel that applies to this era too. Remixes, Societas and XYZ. That's a lot more than you could say for 2007-2012!

Soon will come the harvest after tomorrow's.

Posts Quantity
Echelon wrote:
I was reading some old threads from the 2007-2012 hiatus and this beautiful statement from Warphead caught my attention because you could literally copy and paste it in this era without changing a single line of text.

I like how he/she/they mentions "minor but positive signs that they aren't dead" because I feel that applies to this era too. Remixes, Societas and XYZ. That's a lot more than you could say for 2007-2012!

Any chance you could quote the statement you’re referring to above? I’ve never read it before and would love to see what it says.
bocupdates.com :)

Eagle Minded
Roswell wrote:
Echelon wrote:

Any chance you could quote the statement you’re referring to above? I’ve never read it before and would love to see what it says.

If it didn't show up, here's what it said:

"I went through a phase of growing very resentful against BoC because to me they seem to snub an incredible and loyal fanbase and to me that is something they should respect. I don't know why, perhaps its because I come from a more metal/punk music background where the relationship between fans and band is very loyal and intense. IDM isn't that way at all and I still dont think I have fully adjusted to it tbh. All these never-ending brickwalls of silence, no gigs, nothing.

Now that I am in my thirties and been a music fanatic for so many years and been through many genres there are only 2 artists on the planet who still evoke that teenage/20something/tribal instinct in me. And they are Aphex and BoC. But it's a tough love I guess because AFX and BoC do nothing but wind me up lol. It's exasperating at times!! Hahah.

Anyway I sort of wised up and realised I was wasting part of my soul, getting all hot and bothered about it, but it still sometimes grates. In part I admire BoC for never breaking the way they do things.

And there has been very minor but positive signs from them that they aren't dead, we all know deep down somethings coming, but not many of us have the superhuman powers of patience needed to deal with 'BOC Time'. So sometimes we write a letter on the forum to release the frustration....

In my book that's fair enough"

Posts Quantity
Echelon wrote:If it didn't show up, here's what it said:

"I went through a phase of growing very resentful against BoC because to me they seem to snub an incredible and loyal fanbase and to me that is something they should respect. I don't know why, perhaps its because I come from a more metal/punk music background where the relationship between fans and band is very loyal and intense. IDM isn't that way at all and I still dont think I have fully adjusted to it tbh. All these never-ending brickwalls of silence, no gigs, nothing.

Thank you! now that I'm on my computer I can see both lol, for some reason on my phone some of the quotes weren't showing :( sorry about that!
bocupdates.com :)

Eagle Minded
Roswell wrote:
Echelon wrote:If it didn't show up, here's what it said:

Thank you! now that I'm on my computer I can see both lol, for some reason on my phone some of the quotes weren't showing :( sorry about that!

No problem. Made me check if I quoted it wrong.

Anyway, this post pretty much embodies everything we could possibly be feeling in 2020. Nothing has changed except the date. If you're a Boc fan, you gotta be in this for the long run!

Boqurant
I'd add this one:

https://bocpages.org/wiki/Peering_Out_f ... he_Curtain (2006 interview)

Mike: "Isolation can get negative at times, because you start to feel like you're being arrogant or that we're doing it because we hate people so much. But it's not like that at all, It's more about the fact that we don't want to ruin the art by making our lives more important than the music. Because our lives are just like that of any other artist: we're just trying to create something special."

So I suggest we wait for "something special" (again)... :) (though I think there's much more activity since the release of Tomorrow's Harvest, that they sort of "show love/respect" through liking fans' tweets etc.)

:)

Eagle Minded
♄ope keeper wrote:I'd add this one:

https://bocpages.org/wiki/Peering_Out_f ... he_Curtain (2006 interview)

Mike: "Isolation can get negative at times, because you start to feel like you're being arrogant or that we're doing it because we hate people so much.

I think this is a very important quote to remember. If they really hated their fans they wouldn't have put anything out at all and they certainly wouldn't have participated in WXAXRXP. They are indeed waiting for a special moment once again.

Re-reading some of the old threads with people talking about BoC's hiatus made me realize that things used to be a lot more lively in those wait times. But it's probably for the best because there was a lot more fighting. Now everyone's gone through the five bargaining stages and are at peace. There's no more anger or frustration. It's a very zen time on Twoism. :P

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada