Let's speculate on certain sounds and samples.

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Happy Cycler
sixtyniner wrote:
ZosoCon wrote:
sixtyniner wrote:I've just realised that from 4:30 in Chromakey Dreamcoat, there's a slowed down voice in the right channel:

What I hear is something like "it started out of god! barbecue see that thunder" :P

Nice find! It's from a Reese's Peanut Butter Cups commercial from 1979
"Peanut Butter. It's doggone good!"

Holy shet! Nice one mate

WHAT?! Holy hell, man! Nice find! It's as if the commercial were peanut butter, and the song was the chocolate, and you put the two great tastes together!

Seriously though that is some impressive sleuthing. How did you figure it out?

Also, anybody else surprised by the crunchy peanut butter cups?

Eagle Minded
ZosoCon wrote:
sixtyniner wrote:I've just realised that from 4:30 in Chromakey Dreamcoat, there's a slowed down voice in the right channel:

What I hear is something like "it started out of god! barbecue see that thunder" :P

Nice find! It's from a Reese's Peanut Butter Cups commercial from 1979
"Peanut Butter. It's doggone good!"

how in the hell did you figure that out?!

Posts Quantity
mechanismj wrote:
WHAT?! Holy hell, man! Nice find! It's as if the commercial were peanut butter, and the song was the chocolate, and you put the two great tastes together!

Kudos to sixtyniner putting the magnifying glass on it. It didn't take much effort actually to find, gotta love the internet these days. Straight away I could hear what was being said "peanut butter it's doggone good", though "barbecue see that thunder" would have been a more glorious catchphrase ;).

Eagle Minded
Some funny observations I made when listening to Tomorrow's Harvest a bit louder than usual today on my more than decent headphones. Perhaps they've been mentioned before of course.

But right at the start of Nothing Is Real before the real track actually starts it sounds like people are hanging out in a pub or something playing pool/snooker and you can actually hear the balls hit twice.

And in New Seeds @ 00:39 there is this 'water dripping in the basement' kinda sound, two drops in a row, then changing in pitch up and down as the track progresses.

Disclaimer: my hearing might be wildly imaginative :lol:

I have to spot more of these I like them.
"I do actually believe that there are powers in music that are almost supernatural. I think you actually manipulate people with music, and that is definitely what we are trying to do."

Eagle Minded
ZosoCon wrote:
mechanismj wrote:

Kudos to sixtyniner putting the magnifying glass on it. It didn't take much effort actually to find, gotta love the internet these days. Straight away I could hear what was being said "peanut butter it's doggone good", though "barbecue see that thunder" would have been a more glorious catchphrase ;).

I want to make a song with that as the title! Epic haha
“Barbecue See That Thunder”... what a cool interpretation
Sounds like “Oscar see through redeye” in a way

Eagle Minded
the 'sinusoida1' patch on the roland alpha juno sounds very similar to the pad on basefree. i accidentally played the part at 5:05 in the song and my mind snapped to that track in an instant. lol

Previous

Return to Boards of Canada