The Magic Window



Check out part 1 of a Twoism Records special

GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

User avatar
Eagle Minded
Status: Offline
Posts: 349
Joined: 26 Aug 2018
Location: Gdańsk, Poland
Image

User avatar
Eagle Minded
Status: Offline
Posts: 335
Joined: 16 Mar 2011
Location: Over The Horizon Radar, Canada
Wonder if Tomorrow's Harvest's ARG would have been successful had it been released during this mess? Hope everyone is making out alright!

New album should be a mix of Geogaddi Pt. 2 with the overarching themes of TH right aboot now....2020, what a time to be alive.
There are a lot of different 'me's, you know. There's the mad me, when I get angry.

User avatar
Eagle Minded
Status: Offline
Posts: 422
Joined: 18 Nov 2018
Did anyone ever figure out what the X in Societas X Tape meant?

Anyone think it's the roman numeral for 10? Like Societas 10th Tape? I'm still thinking it might actually be a series of tapes that get released one day.

User avatar
Eagle Minded
Status: Offline
Posts: 335
Joined: 16 Mar 2011
Location: Over The Horizon Radar, Canada
Echelon wrote:Did anyone ever figure out what the X in Societas X Tape meant?

Anyone think it's the roman numeral for 10? Like Societas 10th Tape? I'm still thinking it might actually be a series of tapes that get released one day.


I always thought of the x to represent "mix".
There are a lot of different 'me's, you know. There's the mad me, when I get angry.

User avatar
Eagle Minded
Status: Offline
Posts: 409
Joined: 29 Mar 2017
Location: The North
drixlin wrote:
Echelon wrote:Did anyone ever figure out what the X in Societas X Tape meant?

Anyone think it's the roman numeral for 10? Like Societas 10th Tape? I'm still thinking it might actually be a series of tapes that get released one day.


I always thought of the x to represent "mix".

Same! ^^

User avatar
Eagle Minded
Status: Offline
Posts: 422
Joined: 18 Nov 2018
drixlin wrote:
Echelon wrote:Did anyone ever figure out what the X in Societas X Tape meant?

Anyone think it's the roman numeral for 10? Like Societas 10th Tape? I'm still thinking it might actually be a series of tapes that get released one day.


I always thought of the x to represent "mix".


That's unfortunately the more plausible answer. My mind always dreams up the coolest things in the absence of actual facts :lol:

User avatar
Eagle Minded
Status: Offline
Posts: 409
Joined: 29 Mar 2017
Location: The North
Echelon wrote:
drixlin wrote:
Echelon wrote:Did anyone ever figure out what the X in Societas X Tape meant?

Anyone think it's the roman numeral for 10? Like Societas 10th Tape? I'm still thinking it might actually be a series of tapes that get released one day.


I always thought of the x to represent "mix".


That's unfortunately the more plausible answer. My mind always dreams up the coolest things in the absence of actual facts :lol:

Maybe wishful thinking too... ;) I thought something similar at first as well...

User avatar
Eagle Minded
Status: Offline
Posts: 422
Joined: 18 Nov 2018
Who here wants a BOC boxset for this lockdown? We should start a petition. (I'm being factious about the petition part but I still think a boxset would help kill some time!)

User avatar
Boqurant
Status: Offline
Posts: 99
Joined: 29 Jan 2018
Location: Switzerland
Echelon wrote:Who here wants a BOC boxset for this lockdown? We should start a petition. (I'm being factious about the petition part but I still think a boxset would help kill some time!)


just imagine. old tunes 1,2 and r35tt remastered and some extra goodies 8)
a man can dream.

User avatar
Eagle Minded
Status: Offline
Posts: 335
Joined: 16 Mar 2011
Location: Over The Horizon Radar, Canada
Echelon wrote:Who here wants a BOC boxset for this lockdown? We should start a petition. (I'm being factious about the petition part but I still think a boxset would help kill some time!)


We should write a sternly worded letter to their mothers! hahaha

In all seriousness though, if we got the BOCset now, it surely would feel like the end of times
There are a lot of different 'me's, you know. There's the mad me, when I get angry.

User avatar
Boqurant
Status: Offline
Posts: 75
Joined: 9 Dec 2019
Location: Gothenburg, Sweden
Closes Vol.1 would probably be quite fitting to hear now in these times. Closing the current era, entering the new.

User avatar
Boqurant
Status: Offline
Posts: 99
Joined: 29 Jan 2018
Location: Switzerland
bungler666 wrote:Closes Vol.1 would probably be quite fitting to hear now in these times. Closing the current era, entering the new.


heard the conspiracy lately that they just made up the old releases to fill up the catalog. 8)
not sure tho since that one guy made some reviews about the unreleased.

User avatar
Boqurant
Status: Offline
Posts: 75
Joined: 9 Dec 2019
Location: Gothenburg, Sweden
Kreide wrote:
bungler666 wrote:Closes Vol.1 would probably be quite fitting to hear now in these times. Closing the current era, entering the new.


heard the conspiracy lately that they just made up the old releases to fill up the catalog. 8)
not sure tho since that one guy made some reviews about the unreleased.


Well, they've stated themselves that they are real. Why would they lie? If they've made music together since the early 80's they're bound to have a lot of recorded material.

User avatar
Friendly Stranger
Status: Offline
Posts: 35
Joined: 24 Jun 2019
Location: Virginia, USA
Since songs like 5d, Circle, Wouldn’t You Like to be Free, and Duffy exist and the brothers have mentioned Acid Memories in an interview, I’m pretty confident that they exist. It’s just a matter of hearing them before I die now.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User avatar
Eagle Minded
Status: Offline
Posts: 409
Joined: 29 Mar 2017
Location: The North
bungler666 wrote:
Kreide wrote:
bungler666 wrote:Closes Vol.1 would probably be quite fitting to hear now in these times. Closing the current era, entering the new.


heard the conspiracy lately that they just made up the old releases to fill up the catalog. 8)
not sure tho since that one guy made some reviews about the unreleased.


Well, they've stated themselves that they are real. Why would they lie? If they've made music together since the early 80's they're bound to have a lot of recorded material.

We know almost for certain that they at least were adamant musicians throughout high school as well as afterwards, based on stories and reports from their friends including Christ. It sounded like they were just as obsessed and mysterious characters as we know them to be today. Wheeltower being an example although we don’t have any recorded material as far as we know although BoC are sneaky and we may have heard them in a sample in a song somewhere or even on Societas.

User avatar
Eagle Minded
Status: Offline
Posts: 422
Joined: 18 Nov 2018
PurpleFlurp wrote: It’s just a matter of hearing them before I die now.



This so much. You don't know how happy and grateful I would be to get to hear those releases in my lifetime.

New Seed
Status: Offline
Posts: 7
Joined: 29 Mar 2020
drixlin wrote:So, kinda weird....
I was watching the fan made Buckie High video tonight and saw a weird looking bit of info in the artist line for the copyright claim...it's not claimed by Boards themselves...but by "Alexander Lynch Totheark".

Now there's this, and more videos. Apologies if this is a repost, couldn't be bothered to comb through everything and search returned nothing for The OST. Quite a convincing pastiche.

User avatar
Friendly Stranger
Status: Offline
Posts: 37
Joined: 14 Apr 2011
Location: Providence, RI
dcom wrote:
drixlin wrote:So, kinda weird....
I was watching the fan made Buckie High video tonight and saw a weird looking bit of info in the artist line for the copyright claim...it's not claimed by Boards themselves...but by "Alexander Lynch Totheark".

Now there's this, and more videos. Apologies if this is a repost, couldn't be bothered to comb through everything and search returned nothing for The OST. Quite a convincing pastiche.
(YT video link not working.) The OST sounds pretty good. I’ve been away for a long time—what’s the deal with these guys and what’s the speculation about them/him/her?
I remember witnessing the last great cataclysm.

New Seed
Status: Offline
Posts: 7
Joined: 29 Mar 2020
Brendan Standing Alone wrote:(YT video link not working.)

It's on the Bandcamp page, too, but here.

Brendan Standing Alone wrote:The OST sounds pretty good. I’ve been away for a long time—what’s the deal with these guys and what’s the speculation about them/him/her?

Alexander Lynch Totheark SoundCloud, Bandcamp

User avatar
Friendly Stranger
Status: Offline
Posts: 37
Joined: 14 Apr 2011
Location: Providence, RI
Thank you.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I remember witnessing the last great cataclysm.

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests