GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Eagle Minded
hexagonFox wrote:Didn’t someone say there was a rumor they had already done their interviews?
This is very good news

I previously suggested/asked if they would have already done interviews and other press for a new album if it was finished.
I also wonder if anyone has reached out to or checked into who they may have been interviewed by. (Looks like Echelon has, see above)

I'm looking forward to an article in Fine Woodworking magazine detailing their dovetail joinery and construction techniques in they're studios. ;)
Sirens calling out catastrophe, waves of mourning rippling through hillsides, an exodus for us all

Dayvan Cowboy
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Dayvan Cowboy
Echelon wrote:BOC are being featured in the May issue of Stargate Zine and supposedly they got in touch with BOC over Instagram asking them if they'd want to be featured.

As usual..bring some skeptical table condiments

I've given up the crack, my nose is now full of salt. I'm now high on HOPE!!

(ok...that was admittedly a silly joke. I'm gonna post it anyway.)

Here's my salt: remember a few months ago when Lone asked the band themselves if he could cover Roygbiv, well maybe it's similar with stargate. The only reason for contact with the band could've been for permission write an article (with band participation included or not)

But....It's not often you hear about BoC in publicised and printed form nowadays, so this is eye grabbing for sure.

Echelon wrote:https://www.instagram.com/p/CaysuLMuBdf/?utm_medium=copy_link

The Stargate zine tagged my @bocpages in their post on Instagram. I got notified of this in my DM section and there I asked for more context on their post. No response alas. They did however reshare the story I made about it on their account. I also commented on their post asking for more context, but again no answer. So either 1) they signed some sort of NDA until May, or 2) they like to ride on the BoC mystery waves and we shouldn't really hold our breath, yet. Maybe it's just a Geogaddi 20 feature.

Eagle Minded
wap450 will be boc
yes, i would love to be free!

Eagle Minded
Orbited insanitarium wrote:
NorthSaturnian wrote:wap450 will be boc

They probably do care about those things. TCH was warpcd123

geo = wap101
tch = wap123
tchighway = wap200
twoism reissue = warpcd70

unfortunately th is wap257. so no pattern there i guess?

Dayvan Cowboy
NorthSaturnian wrote:wap450 will be boc

They probably do care about these things. TCH was warpcd123.

Eagle Minded
i can predict your posts now :twisted:

Dayvan Cowboy
NorthSaturnian wrote:i can predict your posts now :twisted:

Glitch in the matrix pal! :wink:

Dayvan Cowboy
You can read previous issues of Stargate here: https://linkr.bio/Infinitoaudio

The first issue was just a few underground artist profiles. The second issue is a lot more in-depth, with full-length interviews and everything.

BOC have been known in the past to give exclusive interviews to underground, independent media outlets (like Jockey Slut back in the day) so I'll be curious to see what happens with

Dayvan Cowboy
My prediction for what this is, is either a Geo 20 article or the beginning of the interviews for their fifth album era.

Best not to get too excited but I'm looking forward to this regardless

Boqurant
Echelon wrote:What if Mike's avatar on Twitter is dispaiting because the BOC transmission is fading and they're leaving the planet?

please no :(

Eagle Minded
Echelon wrote:My prediction for what this is, is either a Geo 20 article or the beginning of the interviews for their fifth album era.

Best not to get too excited but I'm looking forward to this regardless

How did you come across the info about their interview?
I would love to be able to find out if they have already done interviews with other publications.
Sirens calling out catastrophe, waves of mourning rippling through hillsides, an exodus for us all

Dayvan Cowboy
I didn't but there was something on the Stargate page that said they got in contact with these artists asking if they'd want to be featured in it.

But who knows it could simply be some random writing a puff piece on the greatness of BOC.

What annoys me is we won't know til May if it actually is some new content or a puff piece.

Eagle Minded
Even the magazine is space related. I’m ready to blast off this rock folks.

Boqurant
In 2018 'STARGAZE' Played a live performance of Hi Scores at the Edinburgh Festival, as seen posted on BoC's social media at the time. Now 'STARGATE' Is doing some kind of Boards of Canada feature. My gut says 99% coincidence, but figured it's worth pointing out in case one of the other members has anything to add to it.

Dayvan Cowboy
Echelon wrote:What annoys me is we won't know til May if it actually is some new content or a puff piece.

Nine years between TH and now? Pfft, it'll arrive before you know it! :wink:

Eagle Minded
You look different Orbited, new haircut?

I'm just hoping we get more news before May and that this magazine piece ties into something larger.
Heard from the Horizon Radar

Dayvan Cowboy
Biznasty wrote:You look different Orbited, new haircut?

I'm just hoping we get more news before May and that this magazine piece ties into something larger.

Aye cheers, thanks for noticing. :D I made a 'Explain Your Avatar' post about it over in the playground.

I wonder about this new article. I'm not completely sure there's a connection between the 'Stargaze' cover band and 'Stargate' magazine.
But the more I think about it, the more promising it seems. Wait N' see.

What “worries” me is Autechre starting a new live tour this June. I expect them to drop a new album prior to the tour. No way Warp will release BoC and AE at the same time.

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada