GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Eagle Minded
Not to stir the pot or point fingers here,
but 'Supdudes' first post as a member here on the forum after 9 years was to share this video
and his account was created 2 days after the tarekeys YouTube account was created.
he might have some explaining to do

Posts Quantity
hexagonFox wrote:Not to stir the pot or point fingers here,
but 'Supdudes' first post as a member here on the forum after 9 years was to share this video
and his account was created 2 days after the tarekeys YouTube account was created.
he might have some explaining to do

*supdudes disappears forever.

Eagle Minded
Can you link the tarekeys stuff? I'm totally out of the loop on this.
Sirens calling out catastrophe, waves of mourning rippling through hillsides, an exodus for us all

Eagle Minded
Uhhh

Boqurant
Brendan Standing Alone wrote:WHAT IS THIS????????

Sorry, been away far too long and didn’t see this posted yet. (Unless I missed it.)

Thrift Store-Found uploaded to YouTube 2 month’s ago. (Only 500 views.) BOC?

https://youtu.be/4cJxgXDT_ps

Oh Zephyr.... if only your talents were put to actually releasing stuff and building a name for yourself as opposed to "hehe haha rare boc vhs"

Posts Quantity
bakedsodium wrote:

Sorry, been away far too long and didn’t see this posted yet. (Unless I missed it.)

Oh Zephyr.... if only your talents were put to actually releasing stuff and building a name for yourself as opposed to "hehe haha rare boc vhs"

Sorry to burst your bubble but you have the wrong person lol.
I remember witnessing the last great cataclysm.

Boqurant
Brendan Standing Alone wrote:
bakedsodium wrote:

Sorry to burst your bubble but you have the wrong person lol.

Yeah but some of the patches are quite literally the same as some stuff from his own songs + I've seen him do Boqurant covers + he is definitely the type to do this sort of stuff.

Eagle Minded
Thrift Store Video tape. Plot thickens. It's actually BoC themselves creating these fakes? How can you not see this? They also did the 'We like bog fat penis' fake.

They're mocking someone because they're backed into a corner.

Dayvan Cowboy
I respect you all, but aren't we fuelling an already dead fire?
This place sometimes, it's like a circus, and all it took was one fake......

That's all from me pals, I'm regretting signing up to this place.

Eagle Minded
Guys I found this casette in a dumpster behind an abandoned blokcbuster in thacker ville, oklahoma. It was inside a case for michael jakcson's album badImage

I didn't rip it to digital because i am very inept.

it hhad 37 minutes of songs made with defalt garage band plug ins put through a flanger filter and then an alternate mix of sixtyten...

Do you guys think this is another rare BoC tape??1?? old tunes vol. 4???1??????1???11?????1111111
Heard from the Horizon Radar

Dayvan Cowboy
Orbited insanitarium wrote:That's all from me pals, I'm regretting signing up to this place.

I don't mean that, it's just when you wake up in the morning to 2 new pages it can be a bit overwhelming.

Carry on. :wink:

Dayvan Cowboy
Orbited insanitarium wrote:
Orbited insanitarium wrote:That's all from me pals, I'm regretting signing up to this place.

I don't mean that, it's just when you wake up in the morning to 2 new pages it can be a bit overwhelming.

Carry on. :wink:

If it's any consolation, I'm pretty sure I was saying the same thing 10 years ago. We're all a little mad here. I will admit to enjoying having a soapbox to complain about ARGs every so often :roll:
In here is a tragedy, art thou player or audience?
Be as it may, the end doth remain:
all go on only toward death.
There is nothing which cannot become a puppet of fate
or an onlooker, peering into the cage.

Boqurant
Interesting that if you Google the channel name UC0lL5hMzu0LkkKrw91GZd3Q, you get an alternative title and tracklist in the cache

https://www.google.com/search?q=UC0lL5h ... e&ie=UTF-8

Strange Soup

Tracklist:
1. Intro
2. Eureka
3. Tilt-a-whirl
4. Lunardreamz
5. Cytosine
6. Kaleidoscope
7. Fractal
8. Raindancer
9. 9teen70
10. Untitled

Dayvan Cowboy
I don't think anyone here gets "riled" when these things come out, they just... don't excite. Like someone said, we've seen a lot of them by now.

But I always give them a listen, they can be fun in their own way. And no I didn't listen to the whole thing backwards! Just fired up audacity when I heard one thing.

Dayvan Cowboy
The longer someone doesn't claim responsibility for this fake, the more possible this is a real boc fake.

Eagle Minded
Rewind back to Biz's post from a few pages back, I feel like either the bocset or LP5 are imminent, and as Biz said, likely bocset.

Warp don't have much on the horizon and this Zine definitely looks like it'll be it. As Biz said, every artist Stargate have mentioned on their cover has been interviewed, on top of that, I'm sure that Stargate have seen the BoC fans comments and yet they remain silent... NDA perhaps?

The question is, does the bocset get announced before the interview, or the same day? Normally I would believe the release to be announced before an interview, but in a situation like this, I believe they should announce it on the same day.

Guys... We really could be drawing near the end of this thread. I know it seems like I'm putting a lot of faith into this, but it does feel like this is the way it should be announced. No monolithic blowout, no complex ARG, just a small announcement for the fans.

After all, the bocset is truly for us right? The fans.

Dayvan Cowboy
demo wrote:Guys... We really could be drawing near the end of this thread. I know it seems like I'm putting a lot of faith into this, but it does feel like this is the way it should be announced. No monolithic blowout, no complex ARG, just a small announcement for the fans.

You know the running joke "BoC are waiting for page 1000 before releasing anything"

If this is "The Road To LP5" wouldn't it be funny if Fredd-E locked this topic on page 999. :lol:

Dayvan Cowboy
"Prepare" is a strong word (like, omg, emotionally prepare! No :lol:) but we probably ought to prepare for the possibility that the 'zine article is a retrospective article pointing their listeners to Geogaddi what with it being 20 and all...

Boqurant
The way I’m preparing is -

One day there will be new BoC. Or new old BoC. When it’s announced or if it’s released with no fanfare it’s going to be a big deal and I’ll find out without even having to go on Twoism. I will not miss out. Whatever it turns out to be I’ll be exited to hear it.

But no scouring random clues that may or not be BoC related will make anything happen any faster than it is meant to. Gaps in release schedules, liked tweets, media articles may mean something, may not. But it’s like reading tea leaves. If you get excited doing that that’s cool, but again it doesn’t make the music appear sooner.

I’ve read the educated guesses and things like a space themed album seem credible. Something that sounds like SXT seems credible.

But whatever it is, whenever it is, it’s unlikely to be like anything I could predict. And I wouldn’t want it to be.

Negamuse wrote:"Prepare" is a strong word (like, omg, emotionally prepare! No :lol:) but we probably ought to prepare for the possibility that the 'zine article is a retrospective article pointing their listeners to Geogaddi what with it being 20 and all...

An interview with the band is however not the same as a retrospective Geogaddi 20 article written by one of their writers. Or maybe they interviewed boc about Geogaddi 20 and other past stuff and nothing at all about the future. Highly unlikely,

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada